Manual WordPress Upgrade
Ok as a said before in my previous post, i’m going to share about how to upgrade your wordpress engine (with your own domain in particular) without any plugin and with my own style exactly . Ok then let’s begin
- First of all you need download the latest wordpress here.
- Login to your /wp-admin, and check the latest update all of the plugins that you’ve installed. Check the availability with the new version of wordpress you’ve downloaded before. Update it if necessary.
- Deactivate all plugins. Logout from your dashboard
- Login to your SPANEL / CPANEL.
- Go to your wordpress directory and delete all wordpress files except: .htaccess, index.php, wp-config.php, and wp-content folder
- Extract wordpress files that you’ve downloaded before (on step 1), and make a new zipped file from the extraction excluding files on step 5 (all wordpress files and folder without .htaccess, index.php, wp-config.php, and wp-content folder)
- Upload the zipped file on step 6 in your wordpress SPANEL/CPANEL directory. Then extract it directly from your SPANEL/CPANEL.
- You have had a new wordpress engine. Then check your database version with this link : domainname.domain/wp-admin/upgrade. Wordpress automatically detect your database.
- Click “Update WordPress Database” button to update your database
- Click “Continue” button and continue login with your admin account
- You now have a new wordpress engine :party: . Re-Activate all your plugins
- Final step is Check and Recheck your plugins, widgets and other settings.